URGENT - Error connecting to database after program is packaged and deployed

URGENT - Error connecting to database after program is packaged and deployed

Post by en.. » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have a VB5 program that creates/maintains Parts Lists for our
manufacturing processes. It uses data controls to connect to an Access
95 database. Everything works fine on both my desktop unit (Win95
OSR2), and laptop (Win98 Original), both with VB5 installed. However,
once deployed to the machine it's intended to run on (Win95 OSR2),
when connecting to the database, I get a "Network or Disk I/O error"
messagebox. After clicking "OK", the error message goes away, and the
database is there, with everything working just as intended.

I've also tried...

1 - converting the database to Access 97
2 - referencing DAO 3.5, 3.6 individually and together (I also use DAO
recordsets, as well as data controls)
3 - rerunning the Package and Deployment Wizard under VB6

At this point, the database is installed on the same machine as the
program - eventually, it will move to a file server. It's more of an
annoyance than anything else, but I've run into this before where
things work fine on the development machine, and either have problems
or don't work at all when deployed on a different machine, so I'm
looking to find out why.

1. URGENT - Error connecting to database after program is packaged and deployed

[...]

2. an example of callin perl from a filemaker template

3. Deploying an Access Project file connect to a SQL database

4. mysteirous control characters

5. Problem Connecting to SQL Server 2000 Database from deployed ASP.NET app

6. FreeBSD port of University Ingres?

7. deploying DELPHI 5 application connecting to ACCESS Database

8. Upper limit on number of records ?

9. sgadef.dbf error with Pro*C program when connecting to database

10. Connect to outlook 2000 via VB-program in Package

11. i am writing my masters thesis on java database programming

12. I am looking for a database program.

13. I am getting the following connect error