Where to get VBSQL (SQL Server DBLIB) VBX

Where to get VBSQL (SQL Server DBLIB) VBX

Post by Ric » Sun, 18 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

   I have run into the Microsoft FTP site and found VBSQL VBX. When I
try to compile one of the sample program and it won't compile since it
requires me to insert the VBSQL.BI include into the source code. Does
anybody knows, does anybody knows how this VBSQL.BI file looks like ?

Thank you.

Where to get VBSQL (SQL Server DBLIB) VBX

Post by yngve.. » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Those files yur are needing are availabl on the Microsoft Developers Network CD

Where to get VBSQL (SQL Server DBLIB) VBX

Post by Danny Am » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>   I have run into the Microsoft FTP site and found VBSQL VBX. When I
>try to compile one of the sample program and it won't compile since it
>requires me to insert the VBSQL.BI include into the source code. Does
>anybody knows, does anybody knows how this VBSQL.BI file looks like ?

The VBSQL.VBX on the MS Server is an update to the SQL Server Programmers Toolkit
for Visual Basic.  I dont think they sell it alone anymore, but you can get it in a
package called the "Sql Server Programmers to Kit", which includes the C/C++ API
decs for SQL Server.  The VBSQL.BI file has most of the API decs for the
W3DBLIB.DLL in a VB BAS mod.(about a hundred)  It also includes many premade
routines that are fairly well documented.  The speed increase in data access time,
if done correctly will be as fast as a C/C++ based app, with the exception of
extensive queries and crunching. I thing the Toolkit sells for about $500.00 (US)
and the upgrade is $99.00 (US).  Either way is is worth it because of the speed
increase. The VBSQL.VBX is for catching errors comming from the database server,
and translate VB variables to/from the native C based API.  VBSQL.BI API's all
start with sqlXXXX in the name and the C decs are dbXXXX.  EXEHDR.EXE shows the
exports on W3DBLIB.DLL to be _dbXXXXX... err I'm rambling... anyway hope this
answers your question...

Where to get VBSQL (SQL Server DBLIB) VBX

Post by Danny Am » Thu, 22 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>Those files yur are needing are availabl on the Microsoft Developers Network CD

I never have found them there, if they are, what is the CD #?

1. Getting error saying it can't find VBSQL.VBX

Has anyone gotten the error :

Run-time error '48':
File not found: VBSQL.VBX

I have been trying to get VB SQL to work, but I keep getting this error and
I can't figure out how to fix it.

--
Chris Barger
L3 Communications - Satellite Transmission System

2. No more H1-B visas......

3. replay vbsql.vbx with vbsql.ocx

4. T-SQL Query syntax -- ADVANCED

5. VBSQL.VBX -> VBSQL.OCX

6. ActiveX can't create object using DAO?!?!?

7. Does VBSQL.VBX come with SQL Server?

8. Help ! Cross database foreign key references are not supported!

9. SQL 6.5 and old VBSQL.VBX

10. VB->VBSQL.VBX->MS SQL Problem

11. SQL Server VBSQL.OCX - VBSQL.BAS

12. VBSQL.VBX Manuals or Docs wanted