How to use 16bit and 32bit dll's in one program

How to use 16bit and 32bit dll's in one program

Post by Alex Schep » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

In a VB-program I need to call a 16bit and a 32bit DLL.
How can I handle these problem?
Is there any posibility to use 16bit and 32bit DLLs with VB 6.0

Im greatfull about any help!
Thanks
Alex

1. Problem with nested 32bit dll's and 32bit forms 4.5

Hi there,

I am experiencing a weird problem with oracle forms 4.5 32bits version. What I
do is use the FFI package to call upon one of our own dll's (a workflow api)
this is a 32bit dll with two other dll's underneath it, nested sort of speak.
I have used FFI before to call a single dll wich did not cause any problems
what so ever. But with the nested dll's, I do load the main dll which
basically goes ok. But the nested dll's under there do not get loaded ?? The
conlusion is my interfacing is not working. I have submitted this to oracle,
but no answer there. When I call our dll from vb4 32bit or vc++ there is
absolutely no problem arising and everything is working fine, as it is the
operating system which actualy loads up these nested dll's just fine.

The question is has anybody had a similar experience using nested dll's from
oracle forms 4.5 32bits and FFI.?? If someone has, how did you get around it??
I have tried to manually load the underlying dll's, but that did not work
either.

Thanks upfront,

Leo A. de Blaauw

2. Paperless reporting system...[CONCEPT]

3. Accessing 32bit Access from a 16bit VB app using ODBC

4. once again reboot after MSDE2k installation

5. Q: Using 16bit ODBC drivers with 32bit ODBC

6. truncate transaction log?

7. .DLL for 16bit dblib (16bit Windows)

8. Locks+commit-problems using two database proc's from one (Unix) program

9. Problem with using 32Bit DLL File in VFP5.0

10. using 16bit dll with win32 app

12. 32bit dll and 16 bit dll