I have developed a client server application with DELPHI 3.0, using
The clients are running on Win95, the Interbase Server on Win-NT 4. The
Database contains about 50 tables. The communication bases on TCP/IP.
Some of the clients are working fine, other are very slow, 50-100 times
slower then the other.
I found out, that the time is lost at opening the tables: the "ill"
5 seconds to open one table.
During this ill behavior the processor load is 100 % and there is many
trafic on the network.
Sometimes the normal (fast) behavior returns if I restore an old registry
to this client,
sometimes there is no effect. Then I must reinstall the OS Win95.
The ill behavior comes without any detectable reason between two sessions
of a client.
It is independent from the load of the server. The client stays slowly
whether this client is the only one.