Pass the results of a list box to a report??

Pass the results of a list box to a report??

Post by Geralyn MacDonal » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to generate a report from the results
of a list box.  We want to have one report with the results of everyone who
shows up in the list box?  The results in the list box were generated from a
recordset if that helps.  Right now we have it working individually but
don't want to waste all this paper!!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pass the results of a list box to a report??

Post by HEKT » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

If you are dealing with a Recordset, it resulted from some query. All you have to do is to pass the
same SQL to Crystal, whether as a SelectionFormula or as SQLQuery properties.

Quote:>Does anyone have a suggestion on how to generate a report from the results
>of a list box.  We want to have one report with the results of everyone who
>shows up in the list box?  The results in the list box were generated from a
>recordset if that helps.  Right now we have it working individually but
>don't want to waste all this paper!!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Passing SQL results to List Boxes

I am having problems with passing SWL results to list boxes now that I
have sorted out the SQL statement (Thanks to a little help)  The code I
am using follows, and the results that I am getting is the SQL statement
in the list box, rather than the results!

Dim SQL As String, SDeskDB As Database, TempDatabase As Database,
DefaultWorkspace As Workspace, Rs As Recordset
Set SDWorkspace = Workspaces(0)
Set SDeskDB = SDWorkspace.OpenDatabase("c:\sdeskgs\sdesk.MDB",
dbLangEnglish)
SQL = "SELECT Contacts.ConSur FROM Contacts ORDER BY Contacts.ConSur;"
Set Rs = SDeskDB.OpenRecordset(SQL, dbOpenSnapshot)

If Rs.RecordCount <> 0 Then
    Debug.Print ConSur
    lstContact.AddItem (Rs.Name) & ""
Else
    lstContact.AddItem "No Contacts Found"
End If
End Sub

Thanks for any help in advance

Gareth Sharp

2. On pl/sql package...

3. Application Role w/Access 2000 combo boxes, list boxes, reports

4. C++:Rowset position cannot be restarted.

5. Toggling Between List Boxes at the Same Location and Selecting Records in Each List Box

6. rootdbs corruption with Online 5.01

7. list box 2 based on list box 1

8. 4722-CA-Bay Area-ORACLE Case Tools-ORACLE Forms-ORACLE Reports 2.X-ORACLE Tools-

9. Passing a value from a list box

10. Filling 1 List Box using results of another

11. SQL results to List Box

12. Filing 1 list/combo box with results from another

13. printing from results of check box value list