Runing DAO DLL in non-MFC application

Post by Mark Jarma » Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I've (finally) created a small sample DLL which uses DAO objects in VC5. I
can call it from a small application written also in VC5, but when I call it
from a third party application (Toolbook 6.2 in this case), the DLL causes
exception errors.

I've had no problems calling other DLLs from toolbook in the past. I am just
wondering if there is anything extra that I need to do to get the DAO DLL to
work on non-VC applications. (The DAO SDK has been installed on the
computer, but do I need to explicitly link/call the library DLLs from within
toolbook?)

1. MsJet / DAO with VC 6.0 (Non-MFC)

Hello All,

Is there a possibility to use the MSJet routines with Visual C++ 6.0 when
NOT using MFC.
I have my own set of classes to create my own programs and would like easy
database support.
I have used DBF files before but i need to switch to .MDB files

I don't think i need the complete DAO routines, i only want to create tables
and Indexes (Like DBF files).
Could somebody tell me where i can find the documentation (of functions
group) to do this ? (i have looked at the MSDN CD's but all i can find are
the MFC classes !!)

I hope somebody can help me with this..
Thanks in advance,

    Paul.

2. Regarding Logical_files_name.

3. Help: DAO in DLL (static link to MFC) causes Heap assert

4. Paradox 4.0 for DOS/Windows

5. Help: finding the right set of MFC/DAO DLLs

6. ODBC Stored Procudure Error..

7. Strange Debug/Release Differences for MFC DLL using DAO

8. Database

9. Problem terminating DAO from MFC DLL

10. Help needed with MFC dll that uses DAO

11. MFC DLL using DAO

12. Database access in a Non MFC application

13. Console application and MFC DAO