D3.Pdx D2-->D3 partial migration problem

D3.Pdx D2-->D3 partial migration problem

Post by Michail Alyavdi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello !

There is a "refined" problem. Really the part of source project in
BC++5.02.
Those who have D2 & D3 on computer can reproduce it.
Make a simple dll in D3  - 'DBDll.dll':
type
  TDataModule1 = class(TDataModule)
    Database1: TDatabase;
    procedure DataModule1Create(Sender: TObject);
  end;
var  DataModule1: TDataModule1;
procedure OpenMyDB; stdcall; export;
implementation
{$R *.DFM}
procedure OpenMyDB;
begin  DataModule1:= TDataModule1.Create(nil);  end;
procedure TDataModule1.DataModule1Create(Sender: TObject);
begin  Database1.Open;  end;
Make a simple project in  D2 :
type
  TForm1 = class(TForm)
    Button1, Button2: TButton;
    DBGrid1: TDBGrid;
    Database1: TDatabase;
    Table1: TTable;
    DataSource1: TDataSource;
    procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
  end;
var
  Form1: TForm1;
implementation
{$R *.DFM}
procedure OpenMyDB stdcall; external 'DBDll.dll';
begin
  Database1.Open;  //--- EXCEPTION "Capability not supported"
  Table1.Open;
end;
begin
  OpenMyDB;        //If this line commented then all works normally
end;
begin
  Table1.Close; Database1.Close;
end;

Questions: 1. What is this capability and why it is not supported?
                 2. What I must do or setup in D3 to avoid this problem?

Thanks in advance.
--
Sincerely yours, . Alyavdin
VAST Inc.

1. D3 7.0 to D3 7.1 Incompatibility problem with c functions on D3/Linux

Hi

I am trying to port an application from D3/SCO 7.0 to D3/Linux 7.1 and am
running into problems when calling user defined C functions.

I have successfully run addbi and the Makefile and created the new D3
executable using the same C function library that is running with D3/SCO.

I can then load the filesave from the D3/SCO 7.1 server and the basic
programs calling the C functions run normally.

BUT, when I re-compile the basic programs (without making any changes) that
call the C functions, they no longer work and give a variety of errors
including core dumps.

It would seem that if the basic program is running the pcode created on
D3/SCO 7.0, all is OK, but running the pcode created on D3/Linux 7.1 it no
longer works.

Anybody got any clues what is going on.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Regards

Adam Easterbrook

2. update/insert suppress

3. Super Qpointers D3/NT <-> D3/RS6000

4. Service pack 5a on sql 6.5

5. Dire&#1089;&#1077;rtly sending E-mail From D3 (D3/NT ior D3/Linux)

6. Access 2 to Oracle database via ODBC reports error -7751

7. AP/R83 Native -> D3 ProPlus migration trouble

8. Connection Vs. Command

9. D3 SCO to D3 LINUX performance problem

10. Writing D3 AIX using OSFI to D3 NT problem

11. substring matching in filters, and partial compare (d3)

12. D3: database access slow compared with D2

13. ??? D2 & D3 in same PC