GPF with Rich Textbox Control

Post by John Beatt » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi -

NT 4.0 (1381), VB 4.0, and DAO 3.000.2504

1. Create a Project of one Form with an Rich Textbox Control on it,
    and use that form as your Startup Form.
2. Reference Microsoft DAO 3.0 Object Library.
3. Use this code in the Form_Load event:

        Private Sub Form_Load()
                Dim i As Integer
                i = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases.Count
        End Sub

4. Make EXE file
5. Close the EXE using the Close Form Button on the title bar.

I continually get
        Dr. Watson Fatal Error
        "could not attach to the application"
        Windows NT Error Code = 87

If it closes okay the first time, it won't from then on.
Without the RTC, no Dr. Watson.

Is this like a known thing?  I'm sorely behind in my Service Packs, etc.,
so maybe this has been taken care of.  Anybody know for sure?

Thanks,

John

1. Printing Rich Textbox Active X Control source data in a VFP5.0 report

I want to use the Rich Textbox Active X control in my application,
however I can't work out how to print the rich text format which
is stored in my Memo field in a VFP report.  My attempts so far
have just printed all the rtf coding but not the actual fomatting (ie.
bolding, italics, colors, etc...).

Does anyone have any ideas??

--
Lucinda Knight
Austin & Repatriation Medical Centre

2. Query Parsing Problem

3. Rich Text Control (RichTX32.OCX) -- Acts like dumb textbox

4. What is Benchmarking?

5. Rich TextBox

6. Create Access Database from Text File

7. Printing from a Rich TextBox?

8. SQL*Loader

9. Looking for intelligent textbox-control/data-control

10. How to bound data controls to textBox inside an ActiveX control

11. Rich Text Nightmare (merging two rich text files)

12. Cut and Paste problem with Rich Text Editor Control

13. Rich Text Box and ADO control newbie question