Data Access Error 525

Post by Kevi » Fri, 05 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I am creating an inventory tracking program for the Ontario Provincial
Police.  I have created a VB5 .EXE which is to be accessed from several
machines. This program uses an Access database. When I try to run this
program from certain machines I get this message:

Run time error: 525
Data Access Error

I get the message 9 times if I have 9 data controls on the form.  The
database is in the right place.

I think I am missing a .DLL file on these machines????  Any ideas?

I have visited many websites and left questions with the so-called pros but
not one has answered me.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

1. Data Access error 525???

I am creating an inventory tracking program for the Ontario Provincial
Police.  I have created a VB5 .EXE which is to be accessed from several
machines. This program uses an Access database. When I try to run this
program from certain machines I get this message:

Run time error: 525
Data Access Error

I get the message 9 times if I have 9 data controls on the form.  The
database is in the right place.

I think I am missing a .DLL file on these machines????  Any ideas?

I have visited many websites and left questions with the so-called pros but
not one has answered me.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

2. brain dead machines

3. VB6 Data Control + Microsoft Access (French) = Error 525 (Data Access Error)

4. locking single datasets

5. RT Error 525 - 'Data Access error'

6. Is this as aggravating to you as it is to me?

7. Error 525 "Data Access Error"

8. Inconsistantly slow query

9. Error 525

10. Opening a database 2 to 3 time returns Error 525

11. dbimport error 525

12. data1.refresh error 525 "Data Access Error"

13. Please help: Data Access Error '525' with VB 4.0 16-bit