Status - Jan 29, 99

Post by Kurt Landru » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Kurt Landrus:  Weekly Status for week ending January 29, 1999

Monday
 - Started Database requirements document based on information obtained
from         DBExplorer project.
 - Worked on DbExplorer project - added iSQL panel to allow me to send
an interactive
   query and display results.

Tuesday
 - Updated Database requirements to prepare for Wed. Database req.
meeting.
 - Worked on DbExplorer project - added a DB info panel to display the
information
   about a database, its SQL support, and limitations.

Wednesday
 - presented work on database requirements doc to Matt, David, JR
 - out sick

Thursday
 - out sick

Friday
 - out sick

Status - Jan 29, 99

Post by Wade Warren » Thu, 04 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hope you're feeling better.
--wade

> Kurt Landrus:  Weekly Status for week ending January 29, 1999

<snip>
> Wednesday
>  - presented work on database requirements doc to Matt, David, JR
>  - out sick

> Thursday
>  - out sick

> Friday
>  - out sick

1. Status Jan 22, 99

Kurt Landrus:  Weekly Status for week ending January 22, 1999

(From previous week)
Thursday
 - Met with JR to define initial Tsunami datatypes and schema info.
 - Created UML Diagrams for datatypes and schema info.
 - Started Datatype-Schema design document.
 - Advised Jeremy on Java Plug-in.
Goals for Tomorrow:
 Install DB2 Fixpack, and configure server - client connection to enable
initial JDBC development.
Friday

Weekend
 Installed DB2 Fixpack on server, created FSSDEV database, generated
Server access profile

Monday
 - Updated old prototype code to verify Java JDBC connection to DB2
server.
 - Worked on UML Diagrams for datatypes and schema info.
 - Worked on Datatype-Schema design document.
 - Started FSS design document.

Tuesday
 - Met with JR to discuss datatypes, and schema design
 - Wrote a short program to prototype a datatype, and test Java
serialization.
 - Worked on UML Diagrams for datatypes and schema info.
 - Worked on Datatype-Schema design document.

Wednesday
 - Continued work on UML Diagrams for datatypes and schema info.
 - Continued work on Datatype-Schema design document.
 - Developers meeting
 - Wrote a short program to prototype a way to serialize DataTypes
accross the net.

Thursday
 - Started (re)-work on DBEplorer project, a Java test/prototype
application to
   connect-to and display information about a Database server using
JDBC.

Friday
 - Worked on DbExplorer project - was able to get to compile
successsfully and
   connect to DB2 sample database.

2. ORA 7.3.4 - SQL session very slow

3. Input date of 01-JAN-99 Defaults to 01-JAN-2099

4. If you are getting the "unknown full-text failure" error, read this:

5. ... ist nicht im Büro vom 29.09.99 bis zum 01.1 0.99 (mit Zusatzinformation)

6. How can I get the value of a hiden column?

7. NAIUA OpenROAD Web Page Update - 29-Jan-2000

8. US-NY-HR/PAYROLL/SSHR PROG. ANALYST

9. CFP: WORKSHOP ON SPATIO-TEMPORAL DATABASE MANAGEMENT STDBM'99 (co-located with VLDB'99)

10. 99 for 99 days

11. Compare sales in jan 2001 with sales in jan 2002

12. 28.5 as integer should be 29

13. Databases, Portals, Web Services, and XML Integration (Boston, July 29)