DDE sending data from Access to Excel

Post by Patrick Correy » Wed, 23 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I am using the following dde command to send data to excel,
DDEExecute
Channel,"[OPEN(""G:\mobnet\custserv\ivrstats\custrel\custrelx\ivrnatst.xls""
)]"
this works fine, but what I want to do is substitute the file name in the
open command with a variable
DDEExecute Channel,"[OPEN(""SheetName"")]", but this doesn't work it
literally tries to open sheetname.xls instead of the value of the variable.
tried using & around the variable but it still doesn't work.

Thanks
Patrick

1. Using Send DDE to run an Excel macro (Windows)

Does anyone know how "Send DDE Execute" script step (in FM5 for Windows) can
be used to run a macro in Excel? I have the Service Name and Topic figured
out but can't seem to get the Command text to do anything but paste itself
into a cell on the spreadsheet. For example:
Application.Run "TestFile.xls!TestMacro1",
simply pastes that text into the current cell in excel.

2. YOU CAN MAKE SOOO MUCH MONEY IN SOOO LITTLE TIME!!!! - somoney.txt (1/1)

3. Excel VB DDE to VC++ DDE server in NT

4. Programattically determining if user logged into MS SQL Server

5. Sending data to wIntegrate using DDE

6. Books, Templates, outside resources...

7. Sending data to an new Excel file using ADO/ADOX

8. Lost oracle database but have the datafiles

9. Export data to excel and send it by email

10. SEND DATA FROM MSFLEXGRID TO EXCEL

11. send data to excel by ADO

12. send data in recordset to excel

13. Sending info to MS Access or Excel from Vb