informix and blobs

Post by james copli » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

if i have a field titled prob_desc that is defined as a text blob in
informix and named fld_probDesc in delphi, how do i store the contents of a
TMemo box named memo_ProbDesc into the field prob_desc. i tried directly
assigning it by fld_probDesc.value:=memo_ProbDesc.text; but the odbc hangs.
if i query the table it shows up but if i try to use a data aware memo
field box on another form to access the data it never loads. the
documentation is unclear on how exactly to go about this using streams
which i suspect are neccesary to populate the table properly. thanks for
any help. later.

--
james r. coplin

*****************************
god is dead.        nietzsche
nietzsche is dead.  god
*****************************

1. Bad free() with perl, DBI, Informix and blobs

Hi,

After much playing about, I finally managed to get blobs
in and out of an Informix database using DBI. However,
there is a problem. I have a function that returns the blob
as a scalar. Whenever I have a script that calls it, I get
the following error:

Bad free() ignored at <program name> line <x>

where program name is the name of the script calling the
function and x is the line number. This always occurs
whenever I try to extract a blob from the database.  The
error occurs (according to the line number) on the line
*immediately after* the function call even if the scalar is not
used within that line. The scalar contains the blob as
required but this error message is littering my web pages.
I don't know whether this is a perl, DBI or Informix problem -
can anyone help?

Best wishes,
Steven

2. Info about session

3. DBD::Informix and BLOBs

4. PostGres 4.2

5. D6 Informix and BLOB field

6. DATEADD() source (Date funciton source in General)

7. informix text blob and delphi problems...

8. How to connect an external SQL Server ?

9. Informix, ASP, and BLOBs, oh my!