Sybase database bound failure with datagrid

Sybase database bound failure with datagrid

Post by Jack Che » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

HI,

I met one question and I would like someone can give me some
advices.

I use the Sybase 11.5 Database server, the client I use the VB
6.0.  I try to use a query of ADO to get the data from the Sybase
Database,  it does well, but the recordset can bind with datagrid,
Because the database doese not support bookmark. I change the
Record Cursor location to Client. Then It can bind with the datagrid.
But some sorry, this time time Datagrid can not be update.

I would like it can be update, How can I do?
Or else I would like not to bind the recordset to datagrid, and I do
this by coding, I fill the data one and one to the grid, then after use
update the data, I update the database by coding. But it seems that
Datagrid can not work without bound datasource.

I have no ways to do now. I would like I can get some hint from you.

Thank in advance.

Jack Chen.

1. Problem: CancelUpdate FAILS for a DataGrid bound to Oracle database

SYMPTOMS:
MyDataControl.Recordset.CancelUpdate method fails when there's any error on
Oracle database-server while trying to update a New record (bound thru
DataControl and displayed using bound DataGrid). For example, if a key-value
is missing, or a column that cannot be NULL is being updated with NULL
value, Oracle returns error message which DataGrid displays correctly.
There's only one way out of this situation, which is to satisfy all
constraints. Even if the user now decides not to continue with the said
operation, and wants to fall back by trying to cancel, calling the
CancelUpdate method fails, generating further error. It goes into an
un-ending loop of error conditions, where the only way out is by providing
all the correct values.

My guess is its the grid which is creating problem. For an existing record,
if I try to modify data which would fail update operation on the database(by
changing numeric data to non-numeric, for example), the grid displays error
message, and also changes back to the old value, by itself.

BUILDING BLOCKS:
DataGrid 6.0 (SP3, MSDATGRD.OCX version 6.00.8418, dated Feb 22, '99) bound
to Oracle7.3.3.6 database thru ADO Data Control(version 6.00.8418, dated Feb
22, '99, updated to MDAC_TYP SP3 of Visual Basic6-SP3).

Any help is appreciated.

2. Servlet fails to initalize on first call

3. Opening a bound database from a bound database?

4. Free Stuff

5. Bind Datagrid to Class

6. OAS 4.0.8 standard login prompt

7. binding a DataGrid to a Class

8. Truncate transaction logs

9. problem binding a datagrid to an ADO recordset

10. Datagrid wont bind to Access 2000

11. Binding a combobox to datagrid

12. Bounding SQL DB do a datagrid...

13. Binding txtbox cmb & datagrid