The best way to work with SQL Server from VC++

The best way to work with SQL Server from VC++

Post by Este » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:45:14

Hi,
Can you tell me what is the best way to work with SQL
Server database from VC++ (.NET).

I don't work with MFC.
My project work with files written in VC++ 6. So, when I
tried to connect the database with ADO.NET or ODBC.NET, I
had many problems with declaration of variable.

Now, i do it with ODBC API but I don't know if I choose
the best way.

thanks!
Ester

Post by Este » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:45:13

Hi,
Can you tell me what is the best way to work with SQL
Server database from VC++ (.NET).

I don't work with MFC.
My project work with files written in VC++ 6. So, when I
tried to connect the database with ADO.NET or ODBC.NET, I
had many problems with declaration of variable.

Now, i do it with ODBC API but I don't know if I choose
the best way.

thanks!
Ester

The best way to work with SQL Server from VC++

Post by Dale » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 02:24:17

Are you working in managed C++ or unmanaged C++?  I would probably use
ADO.NET for managed code, but I still do unmanaged code by and large so I do
OLE-DB data consumers in a nice COM DLL.  Real straightforward for most of
what I do.

-Dale

Quote:> Hi,
> Can you tell me what is the best way to work with SQL
> Server database from VC++ (.NET).

> I don't work with MFC.
> My project work with files written in VC++ 6. So, when I
> tried to connect the database with ADO.NET or ODBC.NET, I
> had many problems with declaration of variable.

> Now, i do it with ODBC API but I don't know if I choose
> the best way.

> thanks!
> Ester

The best way to work with SQL Server from VC++

Post by Stephen How » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 06:28:42

Quote:> Hi,
> Can you tell me what is the best way to work with SQL
> Server database from VC++ (.NET).

It is not clear whether you are building .NET applications or not with VC++
(.NET)

If you are building .NET applications then use ADO.NET
If you are building a straight Win32 application then you should use ADO

Stephen Howe