How do I keep from creating new tasks on the Windows Taskbar?

How do I keep from creating new tasks on the Windows Taskbar?

Post by Dalem1 » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've written a VB5 program, utilizing Access97 on my PC running Windows 95.

Each time my program calls a new form it creates a new task which appears
across the bottom on my Windows taskbar.  If I get very deep into my program, I
have many small boxes on my taskbar.

I would like only one taskbar for my entire program.  How do I accomplish this?
 Is there a reason why I would not want to do this?

Thanks for your help!

Dale

How do I keep from creating new tasks on the Windows Taskbar?

Post by KVSGROUP LT » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Use MDI Forms (one master and the rest MDI-Child forms) read up on MDI -
Multiple Document Interface. The Task bar will not show MDI-Child forms but
will show the MDI Parent form via which you can access the other forms
(child forms) within your application.

Hope this helps

Lavesh

Quote:> Hi,

> I've written a VB5 program, utilizing Access97 on my PC running Windows
95.

> Each time my program calls a new form it creates a new task which appears
> across the bottom on my Windows taskbar.  If I get very deep into my
program, I
> have many small boxes on my taskbar.

> I would like only one taskbar for my entire program.  How do I accomplish
this?
>  Is there a reason why I would not want to do this?

> Thanks for your help!

> Dale

How do I keep from creating new tasks on the Windows Taskbar?

Post by Jesús M. NAVARR » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi:
It's simplier than this.

> Use MDI Forms (one master and the rest MDI-Child forms) read up on MDI -
> Multiple Document Interface. The Task bar will not show MDI-Child forms
but
> will show the MDI Parent form via which you can access the other forms
> (child forms) within your application.

> > Hi,

> > I've written a VB5 program, utilizing Access97 on my PC running Windows
> 95.

> > Each time my program calls a new form it creates a new task which
appears
> > across the bottom on my Windows taskbar.  If I get very deep into my
> program, I
> > have many small boxes on my taskbar.

What you're looking for is the "Showing in taskbar" form property.
(Oh! when showing the "child" forms remember to stablish the 'Parent form'
property too)
--
SALUD,
Jess