ADO 2.0 and 2.1

Post by Jeff Gonnerin » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I recently installed ADO 2.1 on my machine.  I am currently
working on a VB project  that has reference to the ADO 2.0
library.  This is causing the program to crash when I run
it.  Can you have ADO 2.0 and 2.1 on a machine at the same
time?  How do you handle this?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

ADO 2.0 and 2.1

Post by jagma » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I recently installed ADO 2.1 on my machine.  However, I
have an app that I was assigned that is being developed in
VB with a reference to the ADO 2.0 library.  This is
causing the app to crash when I try to run it!  Can you
have ADO 2.0 and 2.1 on a machine at one time?  Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

1. ADO 2.0 to 2.1 library

After installing SP3 I removed the ActiveX ADO 2.0 library from a
project and replaced it with the new 2.1 library but I'm getting
immediate errors when I try and run, or debug the application. Setting
the library back to 2.0 solves the problem but I'm curious as to what
I'm missing here?

The MoveComplete method of any recordset (as below) produces the error.

Private Sub adodcDealers_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As
ADODB.EventReasonEnum, ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As
ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset)
adodcDealers.Caption = "Record: " &
CStr(adodcDealers.Recordset.AbsolutePosition)
End Sub

Regards
John Marr

2. MDX - selecting a range of dates

3. Upgrade from ado 2.0 to 2.1

4. Help! ADO Error

5. Problems with ADO 2.0 and 2.1

6. Translate XML to XLS Files - What utility is available for this?

7. ADO 2.0 vs 2.1

8. Problem with ADO 2.0 and 2.1

9. SQL7, ADO 2.0 or 2.1, and blank recordsets

10. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

11. ADO 2.0 vs ADO 2.1

12. Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++