database driver path on Sun One Studio..

database driver path on Sun One Studio..

Post by Max » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:49:31

I have download the mm.mysql-2.0.14.jar JDBC for mysql driver. I'm using
Sun One Studio on Redhat 7.2. i unpack the jar file, and follow the
"README" as the instruction to install and configure the driver. I set
CLASSPATH=/DIRECTORY_WHICH_HOLD_THE_SUB_DIRECTORY_ORG as "README" state. I
run
"export | grep CLASSPATH"
it show
"declare -x CLASSPATH=/home/archive/Java/JDBC/mm.mysql-2.0"
which seems to be correct, but I test the driver using
the "Explorer-->Runtime-->Databases-->Driver-->MySQL(MM.MySQL Driver)" of
Sun One Studio, it give me this error:
"Cannot find driver class. Check your CLASSPATH or \lib\ext directory"

What's wrong?? anyone experience this problem???

Thanks for helping.

Regards,
Max.

Post by Christophe Vanfletere » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:03:51

> I have download the mm.mysql-2.0.14.jar JDBC for mysql driver. I'm using
> Sun One Studio on Redhat 7.2. i unpack the jar file, and follow the
> "README" as the instruction to install and configure the driver. I set
> CLASSPATH=/DIRECTORY_WHICH_HOLD_THE_SUB_DIRECTORY_ORG as "README" state. I
> run
> "export | grep CLASSPATH"
> it show
> "declare -x CLASSPATH=/home/archive/Java/JDBC/mm.mysql-2.0"
> which seems to be correct, but I test the driver using
> the "Explorer-->Runtime-->Databases-->Driver-->MySQL(MM.MySQL Driver)" of
> Sun One Studio, it give me this error:
> "Cannot find driver class. Check your CLASSPATH or \lib\ext directory"

> What's wrong?? anyone experience this problem???

> Thanks for helping.

> Regards,
> Max.

Just copy the .jar file (you must unjar it one, but still have a jarfile if
I recall correctly), and put it in the $FORTEDIR/lib/ext dir.
You could also put it in the $JDKDIR/jre/lib/ext dir so that any java
program can use that driver.

--
Christophe Vanfleteren

1. Sun One Studio JDBC Wizard and Access 97

I have set up an ODBC SystemDSN source to an Access 97
created database using Control Panel.

The "Sun One" Jave IDE's JDBC Form Wizard refuses to go
past the "Create a connection" step to the "Select a
Table" step. A "connecting to database" progress dialog
appears briefly and then goes away. No other error
messages.

Any ideas how to make this work please ?

Manually created JDBC/ODBC code can open and read the same
ODBC source.

Comcheck is reporting that my machine has MDAC 2.5 SP3.

2. HEEELLLPPP

3. Sun's Visual Studio Database Example

4. INGRES oddity (or is it me?)

5. SUN Java Studio & oracle thin JDBC

6. No Fonts-- Why?

7. Getting Sun's Java Studio to use Oracle JDBC

8. total space drive

9. Oracle 9i DBA studio on Sun

10. Problem with Beta 2 driver in WebSphere Studio 4.0.2

11. Does Visual Studio come w odbc drivers?

12. Linker problem between Dev studio 5.0 and Visual Studio 6.0 VC++

13. Database Wizard in WebSphere Studio and Informix Database