volume control and sound recording in vb5

volume control and sound recording in vb5

Post by Mr. Wa » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Dear sir,
        I want to know how to write vb5 program in volume control and
sound recording?
Is there any web site of such source code?

1. SOUND SOUND SOUND !!!! PDOX 7.0

Can anybody help.

1)  I've tried using the Sound command which use to work ok in Paradox
5.0, but all I get is a single beep, even if I use different frequencies
and durations. I even copied the example in the help, but no luck. The
same thing happens on three different machines I have tried this on. Any
guesses ??

2)  Before using Paradox 7.0, I used to be able to call MMSYSTEM DLL to
play WAV files. However, due to Pdox 7.0 being 32 bit and MMSYSTEM.DLL
16bit, I can no longer do this. Any Idea what DLL I can use now, and its
calling syntax.

3)  The other problem (yet another), is that I want Paradox to appear in
front of applications when a certain event happens (on a timer). I can
get other applications to appear infront of Pdoxwin, by accessing the
handle using ENUMWINDOWNAMES, and bringing the window to the front.
Nothing happens however if I try to grab the Paradox 7.0 handle
(obviously because I am calling it within Pdoxwin 7.0). Anybody else hit
this problem or has any solution ??

Anyway, thanks for reading this. Please Email me if you have any
solutions to the above or have encountered similar problems.

Thanks

| Matthew Dunning                      |
| "In the end its not who you are, but |
|  who you've beaten at Monopoly !!!"  |
| Dr Who on Fox - 14th May             |

2. FPW2.6 - printing problem in an APP

3. VB5 Wave Sound Object Problem

4. Non-Additive Measure Problem

5. VB5 Data Control - Recordsource criteria from other control

6. SQL2000 OS/Log config advice

7. Using Access 97 replication ID's with VB5 data control and other bound controls

8. How to chain through tables.

9. Why are my vb5 controls really vb4 controls?

10. Seeking ActiveX Control to handle image, sound and video with data binding ability

11. Sound Card Control

12. Seeking ActiveX Control to handle image, sound and video with data binding ability