import txt file to sql through Vb code

Post by sadhna Vohr » Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to read an excel file into sql server table from VB code. Is
there import utility available?

Post by JC » Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> I am trying to read an excel file into sql server table from VB code. Is
> there import utility available?

If you're using SQL 7 then you can use the Data Transformation Services.
If its an earlier version then you either use BCP from a flat file, or read
from Excel into VB, and run an INSERT from there.

jc

1. Import txt file from VB to SQL2K

I have a VB6 program with Access 97 backend and we are currently trying to
change our backend to SQL Server 2000. What we need is a program where the
user could import a text file and read it into SQL. I'm able to do so but it
takes about 20 minutes to import the records (200,000+). I was wondering if
there's a quicker way to do this process. Does anyone have any suggestions
or ideas where I could look to find a better solution?

TIA
bjay

2. SELECT INTO vs CREATE/INSERT/SELECT

3. VB Codes to Import Text Files to SQL Server

4. SQL7 Syntax

5. Importing .txt files in Sql 6.5

6. distributed infosystems

7. using SP to import .txt files in Sql server 6.5

8. London: VB programer in an expanding financial company

9. Import data from a txt file to SQL through ODBC with Access2000

10. Importing TXT file in Transact SQL

11. How can I import a .txt file in a database with an external file description

12. I need some help Importing delimited text files using VB 4.0 code

13. Importing a TXT (ASCII) into .db format thru delphi code