Getting a blob into oracle from VB6 using OO4O

Getting a blob into oracle from VB6 using OO4O

Post by Dawn Myfanwy Coh » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone give some tips or sample code on getting either
a file with an image or else a picture box's image into an Oracle
blob, using Oracle Objects for OLE?  Also for retrieving a blob into
a picture box.

The best thing that I can see would be to use a bunch of AppendChunk
calls, but that looks really ugly to me.  There's got to be an easier
way, isn't there???

1. Write BLOBs to ORACLE using OO4O

Hi Falks,
I am trying to write back to an Oracle database and using OO4O using the
following code, I get an error 440 saying I need to lock my raw when ever I
rech the Blob field. I need help!!!
I am using this code from Oracle documents, I might be missing somthing
major.
//**********************************
Set MySes = CreateObject("oracleinprocserver.xorasession")
    Set OraDb = MySes.OpenDatabase("prddev", "fiber_dba/development", 0&)
    Dim oradyn As OraDynaset, OraRaw As OraBlob, amount_read%, chunksize%,
Chunk
    Set oradyn = OraDb.CreateDynaset("select * from test3", ORADYN_DEFAULT)

    Set OraRaw = oradyn.Fields("recipe_File").Value
    oradyn.AddNew
    oradyn.Fields("name").Value = Name
    oradyn.Fields("Revision").Value = revision
    oradyn.Fields("Process").Value = process
    oradyn.Fields("File_Type").Value = "zip"
    If Change_note <> "" Then
    oradyn.Fields("change_note").Value = Change_note
    End If
    OraRaw.CopyFromFile "c:\filename.zip"
//***************************************

Thanks,

Sameer Alzouby

2. ALTER TABLE for field modify...

3. Writting to BLOBs using OO4O and VB60

4. function / trigger problem

5. Using Delphi with Oracle Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O)

6. File Permissions for BCP job

7. Inserting in a BLOB using oracle BLOB

8. Subtracting dates

9. Using BLOBs (Byte) in VB6 via OLE DB to IDS 7.30

10. Updating Record (via stored proc) with Blob Field using VB6

11. Blob using SQLPutData: getting Function Sequence Error

12. Using Oracle OO4O to Display Images in VB 6

13. Using ADO vs OO4O to connect to Oracle