BDE on Windows 3.11 with 4 MB RAM

Post by Troels Reimer Ejsi » Sun, 29 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have tried to run an application of mine on a 3.11 with 4 MB Ram.

It looks like the BDE is causing a GPF in IDAPI01.DLL and sometimes a
stack fault.

I dont think it isnt my program doing this.

If you try to start BDECFG you sometimes get the same errors (always
if AUTO ODBC=TRUE).

Is this really the sad truth - that BDE is requiring more than 4 MB
Ram.

Regards

Troels Reimer Ejsing
2-People Software

BDE on Windows 3.11 with 4 MB RAM

Post by John Wolln » Wed, 01 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I have tried to run an application of mine on a 3.11 with 4 MB Ram.

> It looks like the BDE is causing a GPF in IDAPI01.DLL and sometimes a
> stack fault.

> I dont think it isnt my program doing this.

> If you try to start BDECFG you sometimes get the same errors (always
> if AUTO ODBC=TRUE).

> Is this really the sad truth - that BDE is requiring more than 4 MB
> Ram.

> Regards

Try increasing your stack size to 24K.  I used to have that problem and increasing the stack fixed it.
Quote:

> Troels Reimer Ejsing
> 2-People Software

1. PC $795 40MHz 600 MB 12 MB RAM

F O R  S A L E:

1.      PC clone - 386- 40 MHz Turbo,
        Two Hard drives 300 MB each (600MB total),
        12 MB memory (RAM),
        14" Monitor high resolution,
        MS mouse, full keyboard,
        Panasonic Printer

        Software: windows NT dual boot with windows 3.1
                  Powerbuilder, FoxPro, Oracle 7.0, MS Word
                  and more!!!

        Asking only $795 excellent condition
        602-858 8724 work (MST)

2. Books on Powerbuilder, Clipper, Foxpro, SQL Server $10 each

2. Errormessage 'resource limit overshot' Paradox 3.5

3. PC 40MHz 600 MB 12 MB RAM $795

4. Question on Views

5. Excluding Columns from a SELECT statement

6. PC $795 40MHz 600 MB 12 MB RAM

7. DBGrid : Rowcolors

8. memory leak in D2.01 + BDE 3.11

9. PDOX 4.5 for Win, Netware 3.11, WfWG 3.11

10. Crystal Reports in Windows 3.11

11. Windows 3.11 and SQL Server 7

12. Windows 3.11 Resources