Time-outs

Post by Kanwaljeet Grewa » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Could somebody please direct me to some information on the differences,
purposes and the 'how to use' of ado timeouts on recordsets, command objects
and connection objects.

Cheers,

Kan

1. Continual time-outs (time is not on my side)

I'm making small changes (eg changing a field size from 20 characters to 30
characters) in SQL server 7.
We have probably 10 clients connected. The table has around 5,000 records,
with no indexes on the field I'm trying to change. I've set all OBDC
timeouts to 0 (infinite).
Why does such a simple operation require me to get EVERYONE out of the
database? Obviously I also can't make any more serious changes without
booting everyone off.
I know it's M$ software and all, but surely it should work better than
this???

Dan

 ---
A quick script to eliminate ALL the bugs in Windows at once:

c:\> deltree c:\windows

2. Linking 4 tables SQL - or other strategy ??? How do I do it???

3. timeout, despite 'Query Timeout = 0'

4. sequence and stored procedure

5. [OBDC SQL Server Driver][Timeout Expired] - How to reconfigure the timeout

6. Datawarehouse analysis (modeling)

7. BUFWAIT: TIMEOUT / WRITELOG: TIMEOUT

8. Lpr Printing

9. MS SQL Server 2000 time-outs periodicly over the internet

10. Time outs

11. Time-outs that didn't happen under NT4sp6

12. Time outs!

13. query time outs! please help