Automation problem while calling WinWord

Automation problem while calling WinWord

Post by Didie » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I'm calling a WinWord document from my VB5 program. Each time I call WinWord
(MailMerging or not) I receive a     error on a PC or a "element not found
in collection" error. I also tried my program on two other PC having Visual
Basic installed (and all its components obviously), and there is no more
problem.

There is probably some .DLL or .EXE files not installed or registred on the
first two PC's.

Any idea ?

Didier RENSONNET
ESI

1. Help for dde winword / demande d'aide sur dde winword

Je souhaite utiliser winword 97 partir de paradox 7
je russi lancer l'application  winword avec le document souhait mais
winword ne rend pas la main paradox qui se met en erreur
"DDE : le serveur spcifi ne rpond pas".

Voici le bout de programme que j 'ai cris :

method pushButton(var eventInfo Event)
Var
 Word_dde DDE
Endvar

;ouverture du fichier word
Word_dde.open ("C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft
Office\\Office\\WINWORD.EXE","C:\\pdoxwin\\smh\\cale.doc")

Word_dde.close()

endMethod

Patrice

2. Creating a date in a Stored Procedure

3. Problem to save Winword document in database

4. Unexpected initial protocol response (fwd)

5. problem with running winword macro from SQL job

6. programming tools

7. VB + SQL + Automation Calls

8. Jobs Available Nationwide

9. How to call OLE automation methods with VARIANT as parameters

10. OLE Automation object calling MTS Object

11. REPOST: Calling a COM automation server as an External Procedure

12. ole automation...calling objects in sql

13. Help: Calling stored procedure from Impromptu using OLE Automation