Connecting to Clipper DB with non-standard file extn

Connecting to Clipper DB with non-standard file extn

Post by Christoph Fisch » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 00:12:13

Hi y'all,

I am trying to figure out a way to connect to an old Clipper DB with
VB6. Unfortunately, all tables have been renamed to *.D. Any idea how
I can access this thing?

God bless you,

                        Toph

1. Accessing Clipper database with non-standard file name

Hi y'all,

 I am trying to access data from an old, proprietary product from with
VB. I discovered that the old database is written in Clipper, however,
the file extensions for all tables have been changed from .DBF to .D

Any idea how I could get to that from VB? I can't seem to convince any
Jet or ODBC data source to look for anything else than .DBF.

God bless you,

                        Toph

2. Replication using no trusts

3. Open dBASE III-DB with non-standard file extension in VB5

4. HELP: Replication Problem / OSQL can't connect to it's own server

5. Enterprise Manager Connect On Non Standard Port

6. Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux ( The nightmare )

7. ODBC to connect Progress to a non-progress db

8. ?Select from external mdb , how to set mode?

9. select table_name from user_tables : db file sequential read wait on a NON-SYSTEM tablespace

10. Help please: non-BDE, non-ODBC database files

11. Convert Non-standard Oracle SQL to SQL Server

12. Non-standard date format

13. Problem: Text import with non-standard ASCII delimiters