Insert is very slow with VB 6.0 and Oracle Backend

Insert is very slow with VB 6.0 and Oracle Backend

Post by Jaga » Thu, 22 May 2003 22:34:54

Hi,
I am migrating from SQL Server to Oracle,My front end is
VB 6.0.The insert on the table which has a multiple index
on it was very fast in SQL Server but the same query is
taking time when I execute in VB with Oracle as backend.
It is very very faster with SQl Server 7.0 as backend but
with oracle the same VB Procedure with insert statements
in it is taken 1:10 Time ratio.It is very slow what shall
I do to improve performance of insert statements.
Pls help me,its urgent!!!
Regards
Jagan
.

Post by Jason Keat » Thu, 22 May 2003 23:24:40

> Hi,
> I am migrating from SQL Server to Oracle,My front end is
> VB 6.0.The insert on the table which has a multiple index
> on it was very fast in SQL Server but the same query is
> taking time when I execute in VB with Oracle as backend.
> It is very very faster with SQl Server 7.0 as backend but
> with oracle the same VB Procedure with insert statements
> in it is taken 1:10 Time ratio.It is very slow what shall
> I do to improve performance of insert statements.
> Pls help me,its urgent!!!
> Regards
> Jagan

Are you using stored procedures?

Insert is very slow with VB 6.0 and Oracle Backend

Post by Jaga » Fri, 23 May 2003 00:33:46

Hi,
In this particular scenario,I am not using it but it works
fine in SQL Server ,is there any other way to improve
speed?
Thanks
Jagan

1. Insert is slow from VB Backend Oracle

Hi,
I am migrating from SQL Server to Oracle,My front end is
VB 6.0.The insert on the table which has a multiple index
on it was very fast in SQL Server but the same query is
taking time when I execute in VB with Oracle as backend.
It is very very faster with SQl Server 7.0 as backend but
with oracle the same VB Procedure with insert statements
in it is taken 1:10 Time ratio.It is very slow what shall
I do to improve performance of insert statements.
Pls help me
Regards
Jagan

2. Error

3. VB 7.0 Insert Queries and VB 6.0

4. How does COM+ integrates SQL Server transactions???

5. I am migrating my system VB with Oracle for VB with SQLServer

6. Anyone working on a Java admin client?

7. connection-pooling data-source problem

8. VB 6.0 - Visual FoxPro 6.0 Tables and VB

9. Unique Index gets slower and slower and slower for inserts

10. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

11. Trying to INSERT info from Access DB using VB 6.0 to SQL 6.5 DB