Setup mySQL with tomcat

Post by Adria » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:23:34

Hi ,

  I am trying desperately to setup tomcat with mysql but to no avail as I am
an amateur programmer. Can anyone please help ? Thanks.

Regards,
Adrian

Setup mySQL with tomcat

Post by Chri » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 02:58:57

things to check

1) do you have the mysql jdbc driver? it is in your classpath (make
sure tomcat can see that classpath)?

2) write a simple application (either a regular java app or a
jsp/servlet) to test connections. you can find samples of it probably
on mysql.com page or any java book as long as you use the jdbc
interface it should be pretty standard.

3) does the login user have the account setup correctly w/ proper
granted permissions on database objects.

4) reply back to the group w/ error messages or stack traces etc. for
further help.

> Hi ,

>   I am trying desperately to setup tomcat with mysql but to no avail as I am
> an amateur programmer. Can anyone please help ? Thanks.

> Regards,
> Adrian

1. Jakarta/Tomcat & mySQL

This is a real newbie question for Tomcat, so please excuse my inexperience.

I'm using a Pentium II machine with Redhat Linux 6+ installed. I would
like to use jsp's to serve database content.

Am I able to use a combination of mySQL as my database server and
Jakarta/Tomcat as the Jsp/Servlet layer?

If so, do I need any intermediate layers (JDBC, other drivers, etc.)? The
more descriptive you can be the better.

Is there a particular order in which these packages must be installed?

Thanks,

Tony

2. Dumb question: how to get index of last row of ResultSet?

3. JDBC Auth Realm Problems (Tomcat/MySQL)

4. ANNOUNCING: 32Bit Progress/Web Editor

5. Problem with Tomcat + MySQL

6. UDF + Dynamic Field Name

7. JNDI JDBC TOMCAT MYSQL pb:no suitable driver

8. US-VA-Relational Database Programmer

9. MYsql, JDBC, Apache Tomcat and Servlets question

10. Tomcat/MySQL vs. Resin/Postgress w/Struts

11. JSP in Tomcat connect to mySQL using connector/j

12. newbie-tomcat,jdbc,mysql query

13. MySql & Tomcat Datasource Probs