Re Office 2000.mdb and VB6

Post by Stephen Plum » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Greetings all
I am a relative neophyte to the above combination, however all used to work
well in the land of VB5/6 Access 97. My problem now is that when I try to
access a office 2000 access db using the data control I get a message
"unrecognised database format." I was about to start using the ADO control
which I am led to believe is all the rage, but it occurs to me that I don't
have the slightest clue how, and besides it probably would run into the same
problem anyway.
Has anyone else encountered this problem before or is it just me?
This is my first visit to this news group so forgive me if this is an old
question.
Kind Regards
Stephen

Re Office 2000.mdb and VB6

Post by Andrea Montanar » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

hi,
i've read somewhere you have to link the datacontrol dynamically at run time
and not at design time..
hth
Andrea Montanari

Quote:>Greetings all
>I am a relative neophyte to the above combination, however all used to work
>well in the land of VB5/6 Access 97. My problem now is that when I try to
>access a office 2000 access db using the data control I get a message
>"unrecognised database format." I was about to start using the ADO control
>which I am led to believe is all the rage, but it occurs to me that I don't
>have the slightest clue how, and besides it probably would run into the
same
>problem anyway.
>Has anyone else encountered this problem before or is it just me?
>This is my first visit to this news group so forgive me if this is an old
>question.
>Kind Regards
>Stephen

Re Office 2000.mdb and VB6

Post by William R Highfie » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

On Thu, 20 May 1999 18:54:02 +0200, "Stephen Plumb"

>Greetings all
>I am a relative neophyte to the above combination, however all used to work
>well in the land of VB5/6 Access 97. My problem now is that when I try to
>access a office 2000 access db using the data control I get a message
>"unrecognised database format." I was about to start using the ADO control
>which I am led to believe is all the rage, but it occurs to me that I don't
>have the slightest clue how, and besides it probably would run into the same
>problem anyway.
>Has anyone else encountered this problem before or is it just me?
>This is my first visit to this news group so forgive me if this is an old
>question.
>Kind Regards
>Stephen

Stephen:

What OLE DB Provider are you using for the ADO Control?  3.51?  If you
are then that's the problem you need to use the 4.0 with access 2k
databases.

Hope this helps

1. GB when trying to import .MDB file after installing Office 2000

Hello!

When I try to use DTS for imporing data from a MS Access .MDB file I get a
GP error just when the package is about to be executed. I have done this
before and the only difference that I can see is that I have installed
Office 2000.

Does anyone has a solution for this?

Dennis Jeryd, Trix Systems AB
www.trixsystems.se or www.trixsystems.com

2. SMALLDATETIME Errors in SQL 6.5

3. Can't support Office 2000 MDB file

4. Problems with Database configuration assistant

5. Re VB6 (SP3) Access Office 2000

6. Win32 and locking records

7. VB5 or VB6 Data Control conection to Office 2000 Access

8. Info requested about D-,R-,quad trees and grid files

9. Migrating Access 2000 + VB6 to Office XP

10. Open MDB (Access 2000) With VB6

11. Access 2000 MDB and VB6.0 SP5 and datagrid

12. how to open Access 2000 mdb with VB6

13. Access to access 2000 mdb by access 97 program via VB6 and ADO