MultiUser App

Post by Devi » Sun, 30 Apr 2000 04:00:00

VB6+SP3+Access 2000

How can I know if a record is already opened by another user?

I need register locking.

I don't know how to check lock under adPemissisticLock

MultiUser App

Post by Andrew Grillag » Sun, 30 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Try to open the recordset and catch the appropriate error if the recordset
is locked. A little trial and error will give you the error you need to
catch.

--

Andrew Grillage
http://www.concresco.com

> VB6+SP3+Access 2000

> How can I know if a record is already opened by another user?

> I need register locking.

> I don't know how to check lock under adPemissisticLock

1. Multiuser apps in VB 6.0 Pro

Is there a sure way to set up your programs if you want to make them work in
a multiuser application ?

I searched the helpfiles but could not find a description of THE way to
program this.

For instance: a simple database with only names, addresses and
telephonenumbers identified by a 6-position alfanumeric ID.
All users should be able to add and delete recors and to edit fields, even
change the ID.

How do you set this up, what controls should I use?

Is there a good book on this or where should I be to get an answer?

I would be very pleased to hear from one of you experts.

Sencerely,
Bert van den Dongen
Papendrecht, the Netherlands

2. The query from Hell

3. Multiuser App in ADO

4. Erratic behaviour on Label-layout

5. Multiuser app with Clipper

6. DB2/UDB EE (7.1) Help Performance Tuning: How do I see a db2agent?

7. Multiuser app in a Win95 network

8. Lock

9. Guys help me with my multiuser app pleasee

10. Delphi and multiuser apps.

11. SELECT-SQL In a MultiUser App.

12. Prob: Multiuser App w/ dBASE