DELPHI 1 : Deployement of SQL Links application without IDAPI.CFG

DELPHI 1 : Deployement of SQL Links application without IDAPI.CFG

Post by Stephane CAILLO » Sat, 08 Feb 1997 04:00:00

DELPHI 1.X : I have an client /server application (with SQL Link for
Oracle) to deploy on work stations that already have some Delphi
applications. How i can resolve the IDAPI configuration conflicts :

1) Does exist a way to deploy without IDAPI.CFG ?

2) Can i merge several IDAPI.CFG files in batch mode (without executing the
borland configuration application in interractive mode)

3) Does exist a way to have 2 IDAPIxxx.CFG files ?

4) another solution...

Thanks

Stef

1. ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.

BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.

ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .

PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.

ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .

I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
 I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

2. How do we run one Oracle instance from two servers ?

3. !!!!HELP!!!! : Deployement with D2 and IDAPI

4. Third-party tools for Sybase

5. Changing IDAPI.CFG does not affect Paradox Table behavior

6. Oracle XA support on NT client

7. Can I configure BDE (IDAPI) from Delphi application?

8. Software beta testers required

9. PWin 5.0: How to readi IDAPI.CFG?

10. How to modify the IDAPI.CFG

11. Help! Multiple idapi.cfg files

12. DELPHI IDAPI => PARADOX 5 IDAPI

13. Using alternate IDAPI.CFG with an app