http communication between applet and servlet

http communication between applet and servlet

Post by Bob Kar » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I found the book "Java Servlets" by Karl Moss helpful. There is also
sample code at:
http://www.servletguru.com

> Hi there Java and database programmers !!!

> Has anybody got an example code for an applet communicating (sending
> and receiving) with a servlet using http ?
> The goal is to tunnel an inbetween firewall via http.
> The servlet will put db-requests from the applet to a relational DB
> (Oracle) using JDBC. Receiving an answer the servlet will pass it to
> the applet using http.

> applet ----- firewall (http both ways) ----- servlet on WWW Server
> ---- (JDBC) ----- Oracle

> I would really appreciate an answer or an example code (only for the
> http-problem).

> Many thanks in advance,

> Timo Leimbach

1. http communication between applet and servlet

Timo - check JDataConnect at www.softsyn.com. JDataConnect now ships with
JHttpGateway that automatically converts your JDBC calls to HTTP for
firewall tunneling when required. The site has a running demo of this..

Regards
David Murphy
Software Synergy

Hi there Java and database programmers !!!
Has anybody got an example code for an applet communicating (sending and
receiving) with a servlet using http ?
The goal is to tunnel an inbetween firewall via http.
The servlet will put db-requests from the applet to a relational DB (Oracle)
using JDBC. Receiving an answer the servlet will pass it to the applet using
http.
applet ----- firewall (http both ways) ----- servlet on WWW Server ----
(JDBC) ----- Oracle
I would really appreciate an answer or an example code (only for the
http-problem).
Many thanks in advance,
Timo Leimbach

2. WinNT can't add records to table!!!!

3. using Informix JDBC HTTP proxy servlet from an applet that sits behind a network proxy

4. SQL

5. java servlet and HTTP communication:

6. ADO Adding a record.. ARGHHH./.. HELP!!

7. Applet-Servlet communications

8. cannot detach due to replication

9. Communication Servlet-Applet

10. Applet-Servlet Communications.

11. Applet Servlet Communication in NES using Object Serialization

12. Servlet and Applet Communication