Printer Orientation

Post by Russell Wilkins » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi All,

I am trying to get a Printform to try and print in Landscape mode,

The code I am using is:-

Private Sub cmdprint_Click()
Dim X As Integer            ' used to temporarily store the printer
orientation
X = Printer.Orientation
MsgBox (X)
Printer.Orientation = 2
    frmAddPeople.PrintForm
Printer.Orientation = X

End Sub

This only prints it out in Portrait mode.

If I manually set the printer to landscape then it works, although
interestingly the X value still shows up as 1.

The printer I am testing this on is a HP Laserjet 4, although I am not
sure what the "real printer will be".

Is there anyway of determining at run time what the correct values are
and then set them accordingly.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Russ

BTW: If possible, could any answer's be Emailed, as I don't get to
take these newsfeed very often (it's the size you know).

R & L Enterprises - Software/ Hardware Development & Distribution
M.L. Greenwood's & Associates - Business & Technical Consultancy

Printer Orientation

Post by Marvin R. Fish » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00

check out http://www.primenet.com/~simpson/

look for VPRINT library.

Printer Orientation

Post by dave.. » Thu, 26 Sep 1996 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

>Hi All,

>I am trying to get a Printform to try and print in Landscape mode,

I had this same problem. Me.Printform doesn't use the printer.collection
so setting the printer.orientation wont work. My only suggestion is to use
the API to make the change and change it back.

Dave

1. Report Orientation vs Printer Orientation

Has anyone out there developed a routine to determine the orientation
of the report at runtime and compare it to the printer orientation so
that the printer orientation can be properly set automagically?  If
so, please let me know  8)

Tom

2. Mis-Directed .dll Causing hang in Win2K

3. Printer Orientation in Win95

4. set values to local variables

5. Setting printer.orientation property

6. FDISK Problems

7. Setting Printer.Orientation property on HP III

8. SQL Server does not exist or access denied

9. Printer Orientation in OPAL

10. How to set printer orientation,copies etc

11. Printer Orientation

12. Printer Orientation in Version 7

13. Printer orientation problem..