Different screen configurations

Post by David Morer » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am doing an application that is goinf to run in a 800x600 monitor, but I
am doing it in 1024x768.  When run it in my machine it looks perfect, but
when I run it in the other machine every thing is too big.

Is there any application that added to your program fits the screen
resolution to the one is set up in the computer you are running the
application?

Thanks

Different screen configurations

Post by Markku Nevalaine » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have heard, not tested, that Genotech's GTSizer component should do the
job right, cost 99.
Http://www.genotechs.com/ho03000.html

Markku Nevalainen

> I am doing an application that is goinf to run in a 800x600 monitor, but I
> am doing it in 1024x768.  When run it in my machine it looks perfect, but
> when I run it in the other machine every thing is too big.

> Is there any application that added to your program fits the screen
> resolution to the one is set up in the computer you are running the
> application?

> Thanks

Different screen configurations

Post by J. van der Veld » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Or try the TScaler component by H. Steigstra
it will do the same trick for only $10
you can find it on: --http://www.swregnet.com/

Regards, Sjef van der Velde

Post by Pascal SOHIE » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I am doing an application that is goinf to run in a 800x600 monitor,
> but I
> am doing it in 1024x768.  When run it in my machine it looks perfect,
> but
> when I run it in the other machine every thing is too big.

> Is there any application that added to your program fits the screen
> resolution to the one is set up in the computer you are running the
> application?

> Thanks

   Try to use public variable SCREEN known by all DELPHI programs and
keeping height and width of current monitor (adapt form.width and
form.height to screen.width and screen.height

Different screen configurations

Post by Norma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> I am doing an application that is goinf to run in a 800x600 monitor, but
> am doing it in 1024x768.  When run it in my machine it looks perfect, but
> when I run it in the other machine every thing is too big.

> Is there any application that added to your program fits the screen
> resolution to the one is set up in the computer you are running the
> application?

> Thanks

I don't know if this is the best practice, but I do the basic design from a
size point of view, in 640x480, then set all forms AutoScroll=False,
Scaled=True. I then work out what the screen sizes need to be with a screen
scaling of 96 pixelsperinch or 120 pixelsperinch. In the forms OnShow event
handler, I set the Top, Left, Width and Height depending on the screen
scaling, then call the Update method. This seems to work for me.

Different screen configurations

Post by Yves Paren » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

There are a few screen sizer components.  One is GTSizer from
www.genotechs.com and there are also a few available at
www.zaccatalog.com.  I haven't tried any of these though.

Post by George Pestan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> There are a few screen sizer components.  One is GTSizer from

...etc

there is also a Technical Information document about handling different
screen resolutions on the borland web page

1. Screen is different in different 800x600 screen resolution

I have developed an FOXPRO FOR WINDOWS application that required

statement and the length of the input fields is different in different
Video card that support 800x600 screen resolution.
Some card (the screen setup  program) provides large font or small
font. I have tested the WINFAST driver in small font will display
different screen compare with other display drivers.
Are there any command or setting that I can change it in FOXPRO,
Windows or the display driver ?

Thank you for you attention.

2. Create index using multiple fields

3. Screen looks different on different machines!!!

4. Oracle7 Datafile creation problem - help!

5. Different screen size on different syste...Why?

6. default value for a field

7. Configuration Mgt of INGRES screens

8. SQL optimisation

9. SQL Server benchmarks comparing different disk configurations?

10. can't connect to distributor-tried 100 different configurations

11. SQL 6.5: different Server Configuration / options

12. OAS Configuration / Sharing Listeners among different apps

13. Identical Configurations - Different Results