Joining two tables from two separate Access databases

Joining two tables from two separate Access databases

Post by Murri Fell » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 21:18:25

I want to join two tables from two databases. In this case two Access
databases using the JDBC-ODBC bridge.

Does anyone know if it is possible??????? It must be possible.

Next question is how?????

The final result would be a ordinary table join as if the two tables were
being joined in the same database, however, they are not.

Any advice would be great.

Szermierz

Post by dav.. » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 22:16:49

> I want to join two tables from two databases. In this case two Access
> databases using the JDBC-ODBC bridge.

Use the "connect external table" feature of Access to have the
"foreign" table connected within the Access database, then you can
join the tables connecting one single database.

Davide

1. Joining tables from two separate oracle databases possible

I'm have oracle 8.1 client installed on my NT box and two databases I
have access to via tcp/ip and mention in tnsnames.ora.  Is there a way
via sql to access both databases at the same time and do a simple
join...like  lastname to lastname???

If not are there ways of  doing this? do I need third party software?

any help , or directions to the right spot would be greatly
appreciated.

regards,
Will Kramer

2. modifying Sybase to support epsilon serializability?

3. inner join query between two table of two different database

4. How to restore a SQL6.5 Backup into a SQL 7.0

5. joining two tables from two databases

6. Books Online - actual book version

7. Join two tables from two different SQL databases

8. SQL 7.0/VFP 6.0 Replication/Reporting App.

9. SQL Query - join two tables in two different databases

10. Joining two tables from two databases

11. ...inner join query between two table of two different database

12. Help..join on two table , Selecting records from two tables

13. Retrieve data from two tables, from two databases, in two registered servers