Total width of columns = Width of ListView

Total width of columns = Width of ListView

Post by Pigeo » Wed, 14 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>    sngColWidth = ListView1.Width / ListView1.ColumnHeaders.Count

    That means all the width of the columns will be equal, right ?

    Can I go something like those column resizing in Outlook 97 ?

    In Outlook 97, when you choose one column for auto resizing, other
columns will be resized also, so that the total width of all columns will be
equal to the width of the ListView...

    But in ListView, I've found that the total width of all columns in a
ListView is always larger than the width of the ListView... this confused
me...

    Anyone got any idea ? Thanks a lot.

Pigeon.

1. fixed width - dynamically set column widths

A data provider sends my client a fixed width file - 70+ fields and over 600
characters/line.

Right now the client uses a VB6 program that parses the data and loads it to
SQL.  I don't have the source code (neither does the client), and the
documentation of field widths in this file is clearly wrong.   Worse, the
layout of the file is supposed to be changing in the near future.

I'd like to use DTS and be able to experiment with different settings, but
modifying the settings for 70+ fields isn't just tedious, it's really error
prone.

Is there an easier way to do this besides dragging the little arrows back &
forth?

Does the DTS programming object offer some functionality in this regard.
I've spend a little time scrolling through some of the methods and
properties but haven't found any references to this issue.

Thanks
Duke

2. Greek Printing

3. Getting column widths of listview

4. MDAC 2.7

5. Auto resizing column width for grid and listview...

6. VDB 5.5 help!

7. DTS error - fixed field width - considers width of first line only

8. SQL-SERVER 6.0

9. Row width limit when importing fixed width files (SQL 7.0)

10. Report width is greater than page width

11. Changin width of column in SQL Server table

12. SQL Server 7 - fixed width column export

13. Column width problem ???