Setting Access DB file to finished prog during setup or initial run

Setting Access DB file to finished prog during setup or initial run

Post by Phil Clar » Tue, 14 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Here is the situation:

I have created a VB5 program that uses an existing Access database file.

I include the Access mdb file in the installation wizard so that it is
placed in the same dir as the program duing setup.  However, I now need
to figure out how to set the program's dataControls "DatabaseName"
property to this mdb file during the user's initial execution of the
program.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Phil

1. path/file access error during setup

Hi all,

When I was installing the application developed in VB6.0 using the setup
program created with PDW, it is giving me a message that says:
Path/File access error. An unexpeced setup error has occurred!

and asks whether to retry or cancel. When I hit Retry, it completes the
installation ad gives a successful installation message and runs fine .
sofar, I haven't seen any problem with the application!!
I want to get rid of this message and need help in this regard.

Thank you in advance for any kind of help.

Krishna

2. Timeout, ODBC, SQL 6.5

3. maximum data and log file size - initial setup

4. Best way to send faxes

5. Can not set distribution site to local during setup

6. Please Help !!!!

7. what method that when db access finished??

8. Registering db dlls during setup causes errors

9. language dependent resource file could not be loaded during setup

10. Files installed to Windows during setup.

11. what files are modified during sql setup

12. initial set up probs with Access 97