MDAC 2.0 Vs MDAC 2.1 - Compatibility Issues.

MDAC 2.0 Vs MDAC 2.1 - Compatibility Issues.

Post by JLM » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Folks,
            I recently developed an Client Server App. (VB 6.0) that uses
Mdac 2.1 on to a Server and Replication Stopped. (Failed at Login !!)

I already had to contend with using MSDASQL instead of  SQLOLEDB to ensure
connectivity to SQL server Version 6.0 in a Data Class that I built. We
still have many servers running SQL Server 6.0 and 6.5

I made a Decision to go with the latest versions of Mdac Components because
we are moving to Oracle and I see a potential of having different Back End
Database Platforms to deal with in the near future.

What are the issues one has to contend with ? As it is, alot of Client PCs
will be installed with products from the Office 2000 Suite and they do
install data Access components that I know for sure will Mess up the
environment. (I recently upgraded Outlook 97 to Outlook 2000 and that
created a few Hiccups.)

What are the Issues with Mdac that I need to know about Mdac and
Compatibility with other Versions or Gigs running out there ?

Cheers.

MLJ

MDAC 2.0 Vs MDAC 2.1 - Compatibility Issues.

Post by MLJ » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello..
            Just thought I would add this if anyone ran into the same
problem. Might be interesting to look at this article.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q216/8/48.asp

1. MDAC 2.1 to MDAC 2.0

Hello,

I've install Microsoft Data Access Compoments 2.1 on my NT machine,
unfortunatly i get now somes problems with one off my software.

Is there any body who know how to go back to Microsoft Data Access
Compoments 2.0 ?

Thanks

--
Philippe Coutellier

2. Enterprise Manager - Databases - Tables - Open table Error

3. MDAC 2.0 & 2.1 V MDAC 1.5

4. SuSE SLES 8: raw devices broken after kernel update?

5. ODBC Drive returns records using MDAC 2.0 but not MDAC 2.1 SP 2

6. Where's the menu?

7. MDAC 2.1 vs MDAC 2.5?

8. How do I query from 2 different machines

9. MDAC 2.0 vs 2.1 or 2.5

10. HELP: MDAC 2.1 and MDAC 2.5

11. MDAC 2.6 on the Server and MDAC 2.1 on the Client - Big Problems