lock record

Post by Martin Bisso » Sun, 22 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I want to know how to lock record from Access database because my
program must run on two computer thanks in advance

lock record

Post by Francisco Xavier de Figueiredo Junio » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I want to know how to lock record from Access database because my
> program must run on two computer thanks in advance

Have you tried to open the recordset(vb4.0) or table,dynaset(vb3.0) with
a locked parameter. Try see the help about parameters in the
OpenRecordset method(vb4.0) or OpenTable,CreateDynaset(vb3.0). There you
could find informations about locked records.

I hope this helps!

Francisco Junior

Brazil.

1. Locking/Locked records

Anyone know of a really elegant solution for locking simple tables
using the BDE.  At first glance at the online help, I see NOTHING
whatsoever about locking, contention, etc.  I'm not looking for
anything grand, just something simple that doesn't envolve
an exception block.   What would be really nice would be
something like:

   if Table1.FindKey([whatever]) then
      if Table1.Locked then
         { popup a dialog or something...}
     else
     begin
         Table1.Locked := True
            { do my thing...}

I guess I'm still in a FoxPro frame of mine looking for something like
this.  I'm thinking of converting a FoxPro app to Delphi but I'd like to
explore some simple strategies first.

Thanx,
--jeff.

2. SQL Code Generation

3. How to lock and detect the locked record?

4. Unknown DTC token (0x300) received

5. how to lock record instead of lock tab?

6. Security in ORACLE

7. help...LOCK() is NOT locking records

8. Creating an array of unique random numbers

9. Visual Basic, T-SQL and locking records

10. Locking Records (newbie) HELP!

11. Any knows...how to retrieve status of locked record

12. locked record

13. I could not view locked records