err. 429, ActiveX component cannot create object

err. 429, ActiveX component cannot create object

Post by G Lepag » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have this message on only one machine (running NT 4 SP 5):

Error '429'
ActiveX Component cannot create object.

code:
Dim wrkEnt  as DAO.workspace

set wrkEnt = CreateWorkspace ("wrkentree", "admin", "", dbUseODBC)

I've installed MDAC 2.5, I've checked c:\Program Files\Common
Files\System\DAO  nothing special.

I have the administrator rights on that machine...

Anybody have ever seen this ?

Thanks

Ghislain Lepage
Ministry of Transportation of Quebec
Canada

err. 429, ActiveX component cannot create object

Post by Uwe Richte » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:21:03

Howdy,
i can't help you, because i've the same problem. The code looks like
followed:

Dim DB as Database
Dim RS as DAO.Recordset
(no declaration for the workspace)

Set DB = OpenDatabase("databasename.mdb")
and exactly in this statement i've got the error 429
I've Win95 4.00.950 B installed...
If you got further informations to fix this problem, please tell it me. If i
got some hints, i will send it to you, okay?

Regards
Uwe

Quote:> I have this message on only one machine (running NT 4 SP 5):

> Error '429'
> ActiveX Component cannot create object.

> code:
> Dim wrkEnt  as DAO.workspace

> set wrkEnt = CreateWorkspace ("wrkentree", "admin", "", dbUseODBC)

> I've installed MDAC 2.5, I've checked c:\Program Files\Common
> Files\System\DAO  nothing special.

> I have the administrator rights on that machine...

> Anybody have ever seen this ?

> Thanks

> Ghislain Lepage
> Ministry of Transportation of Quebec
> Canada

err. 429, ActiveX component cannot create object

Post by Tom Gilme » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Go to:

http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US

For #1 - Visual Basic. For #2 - Keyword Search using Exact Phrase. For
#3 - 429.

You'll get back (almost) everything you ever wanted to know about 429.
Also, on the VB6 CD do a Find on depends. It's a tool to help locate
missing dependencies.

 - Tom

Quote:> I have this message on only one machine (running NT 4 SP 5):

> Error '429'
> ActiveX Component cannot create object.

> code:
> Dim wrkEnt  as DAO.workspace

> set wrkEnt = CreateWorkspace ("wrkentree", "admin", "", dbUseODBC)

> I've installed MDAC 2.5, I've checked c:\Program Files\Common
> Files\System\DAO  nothing special.

> I have the administrator rights on that machine...

> Anybody have ever seen this ?

> Thanks

> Ghislain Lepage
> Ministry of Transportation of Quebec
> Canada

err. 429, ActiveX component cannot create object

Post by G Lepag » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I've found the answer in another message by Mike Kinasz:

Make sure dao350 is properly registered and it finds all of it's
dependencies

Click START, RUN and type in this
c:\windows\system\regsvr32 c:\progra~1\common~1\micros~1\dao\dao350.dll

Also do this file

c:\windows\system\regsvr32 c:\windows\system\msjet35.dll

This last command have solve my problem.

Thanks to all

Ghislain Lepage

Tom Gilmer a crit dans le message ...