UK query - Delphi3 - NT4-Memory leak on SQL Query to SQL/server 6.5

UK query - Delphi3 - NT4-Memory leak on SQL Query to SQL/server 6.5

Post by Stanga » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I put a single TQuery component on a form and attach it to a database.

I then use a code snippet such as . .

with query1 do
     begin
            for ind := 1 to 100000 do
               begin
                      sql.clear;
                      sql.add('SELECT * FROM MYTABLE');
                      open;
               end;
     end;

If I run the code on NT4, there is a memory leak until the client system
crashes with
'insuffucient memory message'.   I have tried closing the query each cycle of
the loop.

The 'leak' persists even if there are no records in the result set.

Am I doing something stupid?   Should I destroy and then re-create the query
each cycle?

Peter Yellow
London UK

UK query - Delphi3 - NT4-Memory leak on SQL Query to SQL/server 6.5

Post by Michael Hodo » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I put a single TQuery component on a form and attach it to a database.
>If I run the code on NT4, there is a memory leak until the client system
>crashes with
>'insuffucient memory message'.   I have tried closing the query each cycle
of
>the loop.

>The 'leak' persists even if there are no records in the result set.

>Am I doing something stupid?   Should I destroy and then re-create the
query
>each cycle?

I got the same problem with TBatchMove component.
Is it Windows NT's problem?

Michael Hodos

UK query - Delphi3 - NT4-Memory leak on SQL Query to SQL/server 6.5

Post by Oliver Townshen » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

What version of BDE?

Oliver

Quote:> If I run the code on NT4, there is a memory leak until the client system
> crashes with
> 'insuffucient memory message'.   I have tried closing the query each cycle of
> the loop.

1. transfer database from one SQL Server 6.5 to another SQL Server 6.5

Hello

Can someone tell me how I can transfer a database from one SQL Server 6.5 to
another SQL Server 6.5. I want to burn a CD containing the database.

Can this be done from within SQL Server 6.5 or will I need an external tool
that will do the trick for me ?

Many thanks for any reply.

Gabriel Lozano-Morn
Developer
LOBBY-DATA-BANK, div. of IMC bvba

2. Binding different IP addresses to different SQL Server instances

3. Transfer database from one SQL Server 6.5 to another SQL Server 6.5

4. ADO.NET and Two different Databases

5. Help with running an SQL query in MS-SQL Server 6.5

6. dimamic views

7. Access to SQL queries on SQL server 6.5

8. webdb free?

9. How to find PK columns in SQL Server 6.5 using SQL query

10. Installed SQL2000, Problem Connecting to SQL 6.5 server with SQL 7 Query Analyzer

11. SQL Server 6.5 - Client Upgrade from SQL 6.0 to 6.5

12. MS Access 97 SQL to MS SQL SQL SQL SQL