SQL Links protocols

Post by Jan Steierma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Isn't it possible to select a specific protocol (TPC/IP, IPX/SPX,
etc.)  when using the 32 bit version of SQL Links ?

I have an Interbase Server for Netware and it seems that I only can
connect with 16 bit SQL Links using IPX.

Any suggestions ?

TIA, Jan

Jan Steiermark

1. sql link protocol

 I am a newbie, and I want to know the following:

1.Is there a standard protocol for SQL over the network. Or is it unique
per vendor. If so,  how can I get some more information about it.
2. Is it possible to parse such a protocol by listening to a specific
port. If not, how can I understand the messages being transferred.

Thank you,

Hugo

2. Cursors in Stored Procedures and JDBC

3. Database link and BEQ protocol

4. problem with db-library/C and C++

5. OLE/DB provider returned message: Protocol error in TDS stream with Linked Server

6. Can dBase III tables be updated with SQL 7?

7. protocol adapters not linked

8. Connnecting another Access DB with the DataEnvironment (VB6)

9. Require Protocol for Name-Piped or Multi-Protocol

10. Net8 IPC protocol & BEQUEATH protocol

11. VB,ADO,SQL [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Protocol error in TDS stream

12. LINKED SERVERS : How to link MySQL server on SQL Sever 2000

13. Good links MCSD and SQL links!!