SQL - Cant Retrieve an Image type field as a recorset

SQL - Cant Retrieve an Image type field as a recorset

Post by Mark Slavi » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have use VB5 to write a word doc to SQL Server and stored it as an image
type file. When i try to retrieve it as a recordset via a userconnection VB
treats it as a Null so i am unable to use the GetChunk method. However, when
i look at the length of the filed it can see that it is 35k.

: My code is almost exactly like that in the example shown in VB Help. Can
anybody suggest where i am going wrong

1. Putting Images in to a Field with the Image type in SQL 2000 Ent

How can I put images in to the fields ... all i seem to be able to find ont
he web is "you shouldnt put images in to a SQL server" ... but I *want* to
... :o/

Anyone got any ideas?

Phil Winstanley

Management Information Systems Database Support

http://www.creations.co.uk

to whom they are addressed.

You should not copy, disclose, or distribute its contents
to anyone nor act in reliance on this e-mail. This e-mail
and any files enclosed remain the property of Creations Group

2. Why doesn't this if/else... work?

3. Inserting images into Image Type Fields

4. Need a column in view

5. Retrieve Field Type of Recordset Field

6. ORACLE 6.0 and signal handling under UNIX

7. Barcode printer / reader

8. cant alter text and image fields

9. Cant use image fields in a trigger?

10. To retrieve a TIMESTAMP data type field from SQL and display in ASP

11. SQL - problem retrieving a blob type field into a recordset

12. Retrieving an Image from SQL Server Image column (binary)