Forcing a record to lock in ado

Post by Steve Dalto » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

ADO 2.1, VC++, SQL Server 7 (using OLEDB provider).

Hi,

I have a requirement to lock a record in ADO as soon as the user moves into
a record (don't ask why), is there a clean way of forcing the record to lock
without having to edit the record first?

I know I can change one of the fields to the same value to lock the record,
but I would like to find a 'nicer' way of doing this.

Many Thanks in advance,
Steve

Forcing a record to lock in ado

Post by Evteev Michae » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

It may be done with cursor
When you scroll cursor without "for browse" clause it lock every record on
witch point it time.

Mike

Quote:> ADO 2.1, VC++, SQL Server 7 (using OLEDB provider).

> Hi,

> I have a requirement to lock a record in ADO as soon as the user moves
into
> a record (don't ask why), is there a clean way of forcing the record to
lock
> without having to edit the record first?

> I know I can change one of the fields to the same value to lock the
record,
> but I would like to find a 'nicer' way of doing this.

> Many Thanks in advance,
> Steve

1. Forcing a record to lock in ado

ADO 2.1, VC++, SQL Server 7 (using OLEDB provider).

Hi,

I have a requirement to lock a record in ADO as soon as the user moves into
a record (don't ask why), is there a clean way of forcing the record to lock
without having to edit the record first?

I know I can change one of the fields to the same value to lock the record,
but I would like to find a 'nicer' way of doing this.

Many Thanks in advance,
Steve

2. select distinct with ntext type !

3. How to force ADO to lock current record, without changing record's contents

4. After upgrade to VC 6.0 ASSERT error in dao database application.....

5. ADO and a counter in a record ->lock a record with mulituser

6. Help - Storage Access Violation

7. Record locking with ADO Express, ADO 2.5 and Access 2000 .mdb files

8. Record Locking - Is there a way to test to see if a record has been locked

9. SQL record locking with ADO.

10. record locking on ADO

11. ADO error...possible record locking??

12. ADO and record locking