Shell command and database files

Post by Sean A. Campbel » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Heeeeelp!

        I would appreciate any help I could get with a problem I'm having. I'm
trying to write a program that provides a list of applications and allows
the user to select one which is then launched. My problem comes from how
some of these programs need to be run. Several of these applications are on
a network and require the the working directory be different from the
directory the executable is located in. Ex:
   Executable location:
           I:\HP\I\MESGDIR\CCMAIL23\CCPRELD.EXE
   Directory:
           I:\DATA\CCMAIL

        The working directory and executable location are located in a database so
I have to that information. Is this possible through using the Shell
command ? I want to try to avoid writing batch files for each of these
programs (there as over 600 educational courses alone). Thank you again for
any help you can provide.

 ,  Sean

1. Deleting file w/ shell command

I'm trying to delete a file using a shell command and cannot get it to work.
The file is on a network share and I'm trying to delete it by using the UNC.
For example, the filename is:

\\server1\share\folder\file.snp

the command in vb is.

shell "del \server1\share\folder\file.snp"

I get file not found message, any suggestions?

Thanks
Doyle

2. Help - FPW2.6 on Win NT 4.0 or any NT server

3. Opening UDL files with shell command

4. -

5. PDF File Concatenator With Shell Command

6. Error 14300 - Circular Dependencies

7. svrmgrl error when executed on root shell(all shells excepts oracle shell)

8. Continiuos Print Output

9. Universal multi-functional databases shell for DBF files

10. Shell Command Problem

11. Shell Command

12. Executing a shell command

13. Postmaster loses bash shell command prompt?