Best learning strategy for learning web database prog.

Best learning strategy for learning web database prog.

Post by Rick Mi » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I'm new to database programming. I just loaded the trial version of VID 6. I
want to start building database-powered web sites as soon as I can. Should I
learn ADO by learning VB6 or try to go the VID route? It's not like I'm
looking for an easy way out, but I could use some suggestions on how to
proceed. Books, online tutorials?

TIA

--
Rick Mir

(Remove anti-spam zzz_ from address to reply.)

Best learning strategy for learning web database prog.

Post by Coat » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I would recommend:
"Using Visual Interdev 6" from Michael Amundsen ISBN: 0789716402
Great book about this topic ...

--
Alberto Borbolla
Microsoft VB MVP

> I'm new to database programming. I just loaded the trial version of VID 6.
> want to start building database-powered web sites as soon as I can. Should
> learn ADO by learning VB6 or try to go the VID route? It's not like I'm
> looking for an easy way out, but I could use some suggestions on how to
> proceed. Books, online tutorials?

> TIA

> --
> Rick Mir

> (Remove anti-spam zzz_ from address to reply.)

1. Good text book for learning how to create Database prog with VC++

I have spent a fair amount of time trying to find a good text bok on
developing database programs with Visual C++ but most books show only the
basics of getting and retrieving simple data on a basic form.

I am trying to find a text book/tutorial that leads you through all stages
of database design.

From a logging into secured databases (logon screens passwords and user
names);
Setting up more advanced forms with embedded subforms;
and designing reports etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

I am looking at upgrading a database designed with access 2000 and upgrading
to a stand alone front end initially accessing an Access 2000 backend and
eventually upgrading to an SQL server environment (MySQl or MSSQL), but
really need some guidance.

Thanks Andrew

2. How to set transaction level with ADO?

3. Learn Delphi 2 DB Prog. Companion Diskette

4. DAETools.hlp

5. Help for COBOL prog learning VB6

6. Access vs. SQL 6.5

7. new to stored procedures - what are some good sites to learn about them

8. Database Which Control LISTVIEW, DBGRID or FLEXGRID

9. Best way to learn ADO

10. Good online learning resource for SQL Serv 2000

11. Which is the best language to learn?

12. What is the best way to learn about SQL server version 6.5

13. need good source for learning sql