Access 2.0 against Delphi 1.0

Post by Christian Falc » Sat, 23 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Does anybody know anything about components that lets my
Delphi-programs communicate directly with Microsoft Acces 2.0
Jet-Engine? Please....

Access 2.0 against Delphi 1.0

Post by Alan S. Ols » Sat, 23 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>Does anybody know anything about components that lets my
>Delphi-programs communicate directly with Microsoft Acces 2.0
>Jet-Engine? Please....

Why don't you go directly to the Jet DLLs?

1. Problems with compiling of DBBrowser demo (Delphi 1.0) in Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

I have had some problems in compiling the above project and the
related components in Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3.0.

The problem in Delphi 2.0 involves truncated file names. In this case
viewing the table using the menu or the Ctrl-V key allows the table to
be viewed. There are problems in generating displaying the fields and
the indices in the TOutline control.

In Delphi 3.0 the supporting components do not seem to work at all. I
have a feeling that it has to do with the sesCFGMODE2 setting in BDE
4.0 as well as some changes in the TBDEDataset code.

Is there anyone out there with a good enough understanding of
Delphi/BDE interaction to help me solve this problem?

P.S. Has anyone noticed that some databases will not open unless their
aliases are not removed and set again?  Unless the new Default Driver
and EnableBCD settings are created in the IDAPI.CFG by recreating the
alias they will not open in Delphi 3.0.

2. rowid for MS SQL

3. ANNOUNCEMENT -- TCompress 2.0 released (for Delphi 1.0/2.0)

4. Replication and DBCC errors

5. Delphi 1.0 and Access 2.0/2.5

6. SCO IPC again

7. Date handling between Delphi 1.0 and Access 2.0

8. Access 2 to Access 7 jet engine

9. Delphi 1.0, ODBC, MS Access 2.0

10. HOW TO: ACCESS 2.0 with DELPHI 1.0 ???

11. Delphi 1.0 to MS Access 2.0 using Win3.11

12. delphi 1.0 - odbc - access 2.0 ???

13. Deleting a detail record using Delphi 1.0 on a MS Access 2.0 database