no refresh of BDE after a query insert

Post by Fromos » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have a big problem.

problem:        No refresh occurs if I use a TQuery-Component for insert
records in a
                Paradox-Table. The record, inserted on the first computer is not
                visible on a other computer in the network. (only after restart the programm)

program-type :  Delphi  3.0
database:       Paradox7.0  (Borland Database Engine)
session.configmode: cmsession

After query1.execsql
(insert into tablename Values() ec.)

I start  the function DBICheckRefresh. (also before start a new select on the
second computer)
Result:  The new record is only visible on the first computer.

Is there anybody, who can help me ???

Jens Froherz

no refresh of BDE after a query insert

Post by P.Lovelac » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

If the second PC doesn't 'know' about changes made by the first PC,
I suggest you need to set LOCALSHARE=true in the BDE config.

Quote:> I have a big problem.

> problem:   No refresh occurs if I use a TQuery-Component for insert
> records in a
>            Paradox-Table. The record, inserted on the first computer is not
>            visible on a other computer in the network. (only after restart the
programm)
> Result:  The new record is only visible on the first computer.

1. BDE on a Network, Paradox-locking and refreshing

Hi,

I put BDE (V5.11) on a server into volume \Shared\BDE
A Delphi (V5)-application using Paradox-files resides also on that same
server, but in directory  <server:>\IT_CMD and the paradox-files
(Paradox 7)
resides in directory <server:>\IT_CMD\Data
I want using the alias-name IT_CMD in the BDE.
The application is NOT a Client-Server-app.

Can someone, please, finally tell me what to do, if I want that
application
used by 4 5 persons.
1) How can I configure the alias in the BDE ?
2) How configure my application ? so, if someone modifies data, al other
user
obtains refreshed tables !!!
I tried all suggestions found in Dejanews, sorry, but nothing is working
well.

Thanks,

Wim Vanmaele

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Need your help

3. BDE refresh problem

4. runtime retrieve from select, cursors etc.

5. Delphi 2.0, BDE not refreshing

6. Help!

7. Best Way to Refresh a Record in Networked BDE App

8. how do I link to a remote server if I have the IP address

9. How to refresh the BDE configurations.

10. BDE -Delphi refreshing data

11. Inserting and Deleting with DBMS and refreshing data