Changing Active database in DataEnvironment at run time?

Changing Active database in DataEnvironment at run time?

Post by Pumba » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 00:33:55

I want the user to selct which Access data base needs to be referenced by
the application.  I am using the DatatEnvironment from the designer.  What
needs to be done to change the active data base (same structure)  after the
user has selected the new data source and still use the  data designer?

1. DataEnvironment SQL change at run time

I am fairly new to VB and a real greenhorn on DataEnvironmet,  but  I am
learning...

I am programmatically changing the CommandText property to a different SQL
query but it does not reflect on the connected DataList control at run time.
It just stays with the data from the initial CommandText as it shows in the
properties at design time. I have tried things like:

    Me.DataList2.ReFill
    Me.DataList2.Refresh
or
    deTZ.rscomNames.Requery

but nothing seems to work.
Maybe I am trying a completely wrong approach here.

Any ideas?
Meini

2. IDDA3532.DLL AV

3. Transaction Log Backups and 'Insert Into', 'Select Into', 'Create Temp Table'

4. programming the database for a dataenvironment for run time

5. oracle upper error

6. Scheduled Task Not Running at 12:30 am -- Next Run Time must be between active start time and active end time -- SQL6.5sp3

7. Sum

8. Active/Passive change to be Active/Active

9. Modify DataEnvironment Connection Strings at Run-Time

10. Add tables to DataEnvironments at run-time

11. Changing database at run time