Does anybody know which .dll/.vbx i need to distribute

Does anybody know which .dll/.vbx i need to distribute

Post by AGSe » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I'm currently having problems distributing an app built under Visual Basic
3.0 proffesional.  It is getting File Not Found errors, and i'm pretty
sure that the errors are from missing .dll/.vbx files.  It works fine on
my machine, but i suspect i'm not distributing some important file.  My
application uses the MS Access database engine to store it's data, uses
the common dialog VBX, and threed.vbx.  the files i currently distribute
are:

VBRUN300.DLL
VBDB300.DLL
CMDIALOG.VBX
COMMDLG.DLL
THREED.VBX
MSAES110.DLL
MSAJT110.DLL

Does anyone know what's missing from this list.  If so, please email.  I
don't have time to look for replies online, but would greatly appreciate
it it someone would take the time to respond.

And yes, I have looked in the help file, and foun where it talks about
these kinds of things.  It didn't help.

    Humbly yours,
    Ansel Greenwood Sermersheim

Does anybody know which .dll/.vbx i need to distribute

Post by Dag Sund » Sun, 04 Feb 1996 04:00:00

What version of Access are You using?

From Your list it's 1.1, but if You're using the comp.layer for
MSAccess 2.0 You'll need to replase the *110.* files with
msajt112.dll and msajt200.dll.

Just a thougth....

Dag.

> I'm currently having problems distributing an app built under Visual Basic
> 3.0 proffesional.  It is getting File Not Found errors, and i'm pretty
> sure that the errors are from missing .dll/.vbx files.  It works fine on
> my machine, but i suspect i'm not distributing some important file.  My
> application uses the MS Access database engine to store it's data, uses
> the common dialog VBX, and threed.vbx.  the files i currently distribute
> are:

> VBRUN300.DLL
> VBDB300.DLL
> CMDIALOG.VBX
> COMMDLG.DLL
> THREED.VBX
> MSAES110.DLL
> MSAJT110.DLL

> Does anyone know what's missing from this list.  If so, please email.  I
> don't have time to look for replies online, but would greatly appreciate
> it it someone would take the time to respond.

> And yes, I have looked in the help file, and foun where it talks about
> these kinds of things.  It didn't help.

>     Humbly yours,
>     Ansel Greenwood Sermersheim

Does anybody know which .dll/.vbx i need to distribute

Post by Myakl » Sun, 04 Feb 1996 04:00:00

writes:

Quote:

>I'm currently having problems distributing an app built under Visual
Basic
>3.0 proffesional.  It is getting File Not Found errors, and i'm pretty
>sure that the errors are from missing .dll/.vbx files.  It works fine on
>my machine, but i suspect i'm not distributing some important file.  My
>application uses the MS Access database engine to store it's data, uses
>the common dialog VBX, and threed.vbx.  the files i currently distribute
>are:

>VBRUN300.DLL
>VBDB300.DLL
>CMDIALOG.VBX
>COMMDLG.DLL
>THREED.VBX
>MSAES110.DLL
>MSAJT110.DLL

The Setup Wizard will resolve many of those.  It is exceedingly difficult
to tell what to distribute without knowing the kinds of functions you use!
 In general, if you use IIF or other financial functions, oyu will need to
send MSAFINX.DLL as well.

HTH

Does anybody know which .dll/.vbx i need to distribute

Post by RBower66 » Mon, 05 Feb 1996 04:00:00

 Ansel,
Here is a list of files I distributed with a VB app that used Access,
Paradox, True Grid, and Crystal reports.
MSAES110.DL_    MSAJT110.DL_    VBDB300.DL_     SHARE.EX_       GRID.VB_
MSOLE2.VB_      STORAGE.DL_     COMPOBJ.DL_     OLE2PROX.DL_
OLE2NLS.DL_
OLE2DISP.DL_    OLE2.DL_        OLE2.RE_        OLE2CONV.DL_
CMDIALOG.VB_
CRXLATE.DL_     WORKOR.EX_      WORKOR.IN_      SETUP.EXE       VER.DL_
SETUPKIT.DL_    VBRUN300.DL_    DDEML.DL_       SETUP.LST       SETUP1.EX_

MSOLEVBX.DL_    ANIBUTON.VB_    COMMDLG.DL_     CRYSTAL.VB_     CRPE.DL_
CTL3D.DL_       MSABC110.DL_    GAUGE.VB_       GRAPH.VB_       GSWDLL.DL_
GSW.EX_         KEYSTAT.VB_     MSCOMM.VB_      MSMASKED.VB_
MSOUTLIN.VB_
PICCLIP.VB_     SPIN.VB_        THREED.VB_      TRUEGRID.VB_
CSVLIST.VB_
CSOPT.VB_       CSCOMBO.VB_     MSAJT112.DL_    PDBJET.DL_

PDX200.DL_      MSABC200.DL_    MSAJT200.DL_    PDIRJET.DL_
PDCTJET.DL_

Bob Bower
Business & Learning Solutions

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rbower