HELP !! Type Mismatch error using Opendatabase() on vb5 to foxpro table

HELP !! Type Mismatch error using Opendatabase() on vb5 to foxpro table

Post by Phil H » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Can anyone out there help me?

I am using vb5 on a Win95c machine which has Office 2000 beta installed.

When I try to use the following code:

Private Sub cmdProdbyStore_Click()
 Dim dbsFox As Database
    Dim rstAccounts As Recordset
    ' Open an external FoxPro database.
    Set dbsFox = OpenDatabase("c:\vision", False, False, _
        "Foxpro 2.6;")
    ' Create a Recordset object from
    ' the Accounts table.
    Set rstAccounts = dbsFox.OpenRecordset("trans")

End Sub

I get a runtime error 13 "type mismatch".

I am tearing my hair out over this one.

Thanks

Phil

1. Access 2.0 / VB5 Type mismatch error in the data control

Can somebody tell me, why the following code is running under VB4 16 and 32,
but not under VB5 SP2? Then code quitts with the error "Type mismatch" in
then line assigning the Recordset Object to the Data Control.

        Data1.DatabaseName = DMDB
        Data1.RecordSource = SQL

        Set MDyn = DB.OpenRecordset(SQL, dbOpenDynaset)
->     Set Data1.Recordset = MDyn

Thanks for help
--

2. Tru64 ES40 - Ingres Configuration any ideas...

3. VB5.0 +DAO3.0 => Type mismatch error

4. Connect to multi-instance through IP address

5. Type mismatch error when assigning a recordset to a data control (VB5)

6. Creating a remote ODBC alias.

7. Type Mismatch Error Using DAO

8. SQL HELP

9. Return type mismatch when using MFC ODBC class with decimal type

10. Type Mismatch while using Activex Script Task with numeric data type

11. Getting Type Mismatch error using ASP

12. VB4: Type mismatch error using Bookmark property