Refreshing Interbase Queryies - "table not uniquely indexed" ??

Refreshing Interbase Queryies - "table not uniquely indexed" ??

Post by Paul Strydo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am unable to determine why my interbase queries cannot be refreshed.
I am using a dbnavigator on a query that selects from a table that is has a
not null field
that is defined as the primary key. Yet I keep on getting a error message
of class
EDBEngineError "Table does not support this operation  because it is not
uniquely indexed"

I cannot locate the root of this problem from my literature.

Could someone please foot some advice. Thanks in advance.

Paul Strydom

Post by Daniele Bourgi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I am unable to determine why my interbase queries cannot be refreshed.
> I am using a dbnavigator on a query that selects from a table that is has a
> not null field
> that is defined as the primary key. Yet I keep on getting a error message
> of class
> EDBEngineError "Table does not support this operation  because it is not
> uniquely indexed"

> I cannot locate the root of this problem from my literature.

> Could someone please foot some advice. Thanks in advance.

> Paul Strydom

  You have this problem because the TQuery object can't be refreshed.

I am using an old version of Delph 2.0 perhaps this problem will be correct in
newest versions of Delphi.

If  You are so intelligent for understand my bad english i give you my
compliments.

Bye.

1. D2: Refresh on TQuery produces "not uniquely indexed"

Environment is Delphi-2 C/S against Interbase.

I have observed that a "Refresh" operation on a TQuery which is accessing a
table having a primary-key, does nonetheless produce an exception "... table
is not uniquely indexed."

This leaves me in a curious position with regard to how to obtain the
server-generated ID field on a newly inserted record.

If we assume, for the sake of discussion, that the application's needs require
that the server *does* in fact generate the unique-ID, i.e. that the
application cannot by any means furnish that ID itself, then I'm looking for a
really clever way to determine what this ID would turn out to be.

/mr/

2. UNselect/UNdo a radio/push/pick list opbject

3. "BLOB Not Found" - Delphi/Interbase

4. need help with query

5. Do Table-type recordsets "auto-refresh"?

6. Fire event when a table is Created, Altered, or dropped

7. Scheduled Table Refresh - "Snapshot" Replication

8. Apple /// and early Apple/Mac items for auction

9. Are Table-type recordsets "self-refreshing"?

10. "table not uniquely indexed" message - ?

12. Sybase - table not uniquely indexed ?!

13. The old "not using index" question